Sunglass-Shoppe Unique Optics
A family-owned business with four boutique shops located in Petoskey, Traverse City, Charlevoix, and Saugatuck, Michigan, offering exceptional sunglasses and optical frames and prescription lenses.
In April 2019, our client came to us with no social media marketing plan. They wanted to integrate traditional media with organic online marketing and grow their reach for all store locations.
Keep it Real Social conducted a 360-degree digital media audit. We developed a social media strategy from the audit that included a new website, consistent social media posting on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, blogging, a tactical local SEO plan, monthly email marketing, and twice a year photoshoots for marketing collateral. We developed postcards, a new electronic email template, branded flyers for events, and website banners for local radio station ads.
- Website page views increased from 2019 to 2021 by 204.33%.
- Organic search traffic increased 361.85% and social 458.38%!
- Facebook and Pinterest became the top social referrals to the website, with acquisition rising by 190.04%!
- All social media channels were optimized over the last two years, and a Pinterest channel was developed. Organic growth focused on increasing Instagram from 277 followers to exceed followers by 550 and Facebook by 1,000. Our goal has been the engagement of fans and followers while growing organically.
- Google My Business was not established for Petoskey or Traverse City locations; currently, each site averages 1.5K to 5.4K in monthly searches, depending on the season. Calls per quarter to each location range from 40 to 100+.
- Keep it Real Social wrote 35 unique search engine optimized blog posts for evergreen content.
- Email subscribers grew from 4,069 in 2019 to 4,244. Newsletter frequency in 2018-2019 was two. From 2019 to 2020, we increased the frequency to 14 emails. From 2020 to 2021, there have been 20 emails. Email open rates exceed the industry average by 8%
“People now notice us and find us through Facebook, Instagram, Google, and our SEO efforts. We receive a lot of communication from our website, which we never had before working with Keep it Real Social.”
Ready to get started?
Contact us today to start the conversation. We’d love to hear more about your business and needs for social media marketing and how we might be able to help you grow.