If you own a small business website, you may wonder how to improve your visibility and drive more traffic. One key aspect of this is technical SEO, which refers to the technical elements of your website that impact how search engines crawl and index your site. Here are 12 technical SEO tips to help boost your small business website’s rankings and visibility:
- Optimize your page titles: Your page titles are one of the most important on-page elements for SEO. Please make sure they are descriptive, include your main keyword, and are under 60 characters to ensure they display correctly in search results.
- Use descriptive URLs: Your URLs should be descriptive, easy to read, and include your primary keyword.
- Implement header tags: Use header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to organize your content and help search engines understand the structure of your site.
- Image Optimization: Optimize your images by compressing them for faster loading times, using descriptive filenames, and including alt text to describe the image.
- Use internal linking: Link to other pages on your site to help search engines understand the hierarchy and structure of your site.
- Ensure your site is mobile-friendly: With more people accessing the web on mobile devices, having a mobile-friendly website is essential for SEO. Use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to see if your site is optimized for mobile.
- Optimize your site speed: Site speed is a ranking factor, so optimizing your site for fast loading times is essential. Use tools like Google’s PageSpeed Insights to identify areas for improvement.
- Use HTTPS: HTTPS is a secure version of HTTP that encrypts data between your website and visitors. HTTPS can improve your site’s security and provide a slight SEO boost.
- Implement structured data: Structured data, also known as schema markup, is a way to provide additional information to search engines about the content on your site. This can improve the appearance of your search results and help search engines better understand your site.
- Implement a sitemap: A sitemap is a file that lists all of the pages on your site and helps search engines crawl and index your site more effectively.
- Optimize your meta descriptions: Your meta descriptions are the snippets that appear in search results, so make sure they are descriptive, include your main keyword, and are under 155 characters.
- Monitor your site’s performance: Regularly monitor your site’s performance using tools like Google Search Console to identify any issues impacting your SEO and make adjustments as needed.
By implementing these 12 technical SEO tips, you can improve your small business website’s visibility, drive more traffic, and ultimately achieve tremendous success online. Remember, SEO is an ongoing process, so regularly monitor your site’s performance and adjust as needed to stay ahead of the competition. If you need help increasing your online visibility and website traffic, contact us, we Keep it Real Social can help.
Subscribe to the KRS newsletter for three free downloads that help you set goals, track the right metrics, and create killer content.